Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-06-2023, 11:50 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Position group isn't relevant to me.  I take the hands best player on the board (provided he's got a much better grade than the guy at a similar position of need).

I'd have to see who is available, but I could make a case for OT, TE, WR, DT, DE, CB, S.

This draft, tackle is extremely relevant to me as it is the position that is preventing us from a Super Bowl.  I can make a similar argument against those position groups. If a potential starting tackle is within 10 slots of the current BPA at those groups it would be very difficult for me to choose one over a starting tackle with the following exceptions:

A guy who would be WR 4, unless he is named Johnston, Addison, Boutte

A position with little value that will cost us money later during the 5th year extension such as TE, unless he is named Washington or Meyer.

A position with little value that will cost us money later during the 5th year extension such as RB, unless he is named Robinson or Gibbs (still wouldn't be thrilled).

A guy at DT with Reader, Hill, Carter, Tufele and possibly Tupoe already manning 2 spots.

A DE not name Ojulari (top 3 wont be there), while we have Hubbard, Trey, Ossai and Sample (and yes I agree we need more pass rush but there are several good edge guys this year.

CB is tough as it is such a highly valued position and we have no idea how Awuzie will recover.  But these are the guys I could be ok with prior to tackle; Smith. Gonzales, Witherspoon, Porter (ugh), Ringo, Stevenson, Ricks - trusting Lou on this.

S value will be determined based upon us signing Bell or another vet, if we do I do not want to see a safety taken before a starting tackle not named Branch, maybe Johnson or Battle.  If do not sign Bell or another vet we need to add Robinson and Skinner to the list.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - casear2727 - 02-06-2023, 12:16 PM