Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-06-2023, 11:52 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And that strategy has burned this team over the years.  It lead to picks like Ogbuehi and Fisher.

All that being said, I do tend to agree that the best player available will more than likely be a RT.

I'll push back a little here, Ogbuehi's stock dropped him to 2nd round at best with his ACL, guys like Humphries were ranked higher, he was a risk from the beginning.

Fisher was not a bad pick late in the 2nd.  He was a left tackle and we played the guy at H back, then moved him to center, then to right tackle which he started half the season before the heart issue and when he came back he injured his back.

The sad thing is we are terrible at evaluating oline and we cannot afford 5 guys that are all FA's.  We must hit on some starters in the draft moving forward, which in my mind is reaching a few picks up and taking a guy like Wright to start at RT over a BPA at another spot.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - casear2727 - 02-06-2023, 12:29 PM