Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-03-2023, 10:37 AM)Synric Wrote: So how high do you take Tyjae Spears now? Would you take him over guys like Kenny McIntosh and Chase Brown?

Spears is still a smaller back so his workload will be less. His pass blocking is a work in progress putting it lightly. Going into year one he's a weapon you could probably use for 12 to 15 touches a game... but what you could get from those 12 touches could change the game because of that explosiveness and speed.

EDIT: Also if the Bengals take someone like Spears or say MacIntosh do they count on Perine ina RBBC or do they completely rebuild the room and take Chris Rodriguez jr or Camerun Peoples late as a match set?

I'm a big Chase Brown fan. A couple of things that really stick out to me about him is how quickly he identifies, then accelerates...and also how he always fights through contact, often leading to be runs. He improved as a receiver once he started getting more opportunities, and even though he still needs work as far as pass pro, he's very willing and should benefit from NFL coaching. 

I could definitely see him a one hell of an option to pair with Perine if they do cut Mixon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - Bengalholic - 02-06-2023, 04:46 PM