Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-06-2023, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'll just say this. If the Bengals don't fix the line in FA, and they draft a TE in rd 1, i'll be at Paycor with a torch and a pitchfork. 

Hoping they sign a few free agents with experience because I want the best to protect Burrow and this organization sucks and drafting and developing offensive linemen, especially early.

ESPN's latest mock draft has Mayer falling to us!

Quote:Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

The first of a loaded tight end group comes off the board as the Bengals look to develop an inside passing game to complement the outside talent assembled in Cincinnati. Mayer is a throwback tight end who reminds me of T.J. Hockenson, showcasing an in-line blocking game and terrific seam game as a receiver. Mayer, who is 6-5, 235 pounds, had 67 catches for nine touchdowns in 2022 while playing in an offense without an established quarterback. And while he doesn't have elite speed or positional versatility, the top-ranked tight end in the class is a tremendous value at this spot, especially with Hayden Hurst hitting free agency.

He put up those numbers without having an established quarterback, so imagine what he'll do with Burrow and a receiver like Chase (and Higgins and Boyd) drawing coverage off of him!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - BFritz21 - 02-06-2023, 05:19 PM