Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
The more I think about it, the more I believe there's no way they should trade him before his rookie deal is up.

The reason we're all debating this is because he's going to cost too much to keep along with Burrow and Chase. A lot of us, myself included feel like he's a number 1 receiver.

If this is all true, then by not dealing him, the Bengals get another year (2023) of a number 1 receiver at something like 4 mil. That's a steal that they are going to be hard pressed to replicate. It's fleeting, but the team will face rebuild scenarios in the Burrow era regardless.

Keep him, have a 20 mil receiver for 1 more year at 4 mil, then either negotiate or let him go. He's a known commodity and a damn valuable one.

Even with significant draft pick compensation, there's no guarantee that the trade works out in the team's favor down the road. Barring injury, we already know that Higgins is going to produce for at least another year here. Keep him and chase another title next year.

If offers were insane enough, you might have to consider them, but a team would really need to take a loss to get him if it were me negotiating for the Bengals. I don't see it coming to that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - samhain - 02-06-2023, 07:14 PM