Poll: Who are you starting the 2nd playoff game if McCarron wins the 1st?
McCarron
Dalton
Dalton, but if he plays bad, pull for McCarron
WHY OH WHY DID I BOTHER WITH THIS THREAD!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What If McCarron wins the 1st playoff game?
These threads are difficult to get too involved in, because too many variables exist solely in the minds of the responders.

How did McCarron perform in the win?
What is your definition of playing 'well?'
How healthy is Andy?
How prepared can he be for this next playoff game?

People are trying to project AJ's future performance on last week and some preseason time. They say he played well, and he'll be even better with first team reps. I would agree. I would also stipulate defenses will play him better knowing who to prepare for. They'll bring pressure, disguise coverages, try to bait him into the home run throws he likes, etc...

I would be over the moon if he performs at a Dalton level these next few weeks. That would be amazing. More realistically, I'd still be thrilled if he plays like Rex Grossman. If he can hit on some big plays that keep the defense honest, make sure his mistakes aren't pick sixes, and let's the defense and run game carry the load, we can win games... That would be awesome, and is still a Hell of a return on a fifth round backup making his first starts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If McCarron wins the 1st playoff game? - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 12-17-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: What If McCarron wins the 1st playoff game? - gobobro - 12-20-2015, 11:29 AM