Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
I just read through this entire thread and all I gotta say is...

You people are insane if you think re-signing Higgins long term is a good idea or if you think it's in the realm of possibility that it COULD happen.

I honestly think the organization knows it won't happen and doesn't even have much interest in it happening. There's a few factors playing into it:

The hidden value of having an elite QB like Burrow is that he doesn't NEED two number 1, elite recievers. Having that is a complete LUXURY. Joe is good enough to cook without having an "elite" WR corps...as long as the OL is good. Look what happened when Chase was out half the year. Our offense flourished because the OL was playing great. Joe was just getting the ball to any WR that was open. He made Trent Irwin look like a stud.

Championship rosters with QBs on huge conracts aren't built through investing 1/3 of your cap dollars into the WR position group. It's built through investing your money into your offensive and defensive lines and drafting speed skill guys through the draft. Look at the Chiefs and Rams - the blueprint is there. They invested their cap space into OL and DL and it brought them a Super Bowl. The Bengals literally lost the Super Bowl two years in a row because they got out played in the trenches. It's just so imporant.

We all love Tee, but his production is replacable via the draft or FA. He's a thousand yard reciever. The Chiefs signed JuJu for 4 million this off-season and he gave them similar production. Same number of catches, 100 less yards.

I'm sorry and hate to be the guy to bring this all crashing down, but it's just not going to happen. I'm going to hate to say I told you so, but there is just no chance. Don't be surprised if we take WR EARLY in the draft this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - WeezyBengal - 02-07-2023, 11:08 AM