Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we continue to build on our recent success?
(02-07-2023, 12:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fun question and I'd love to hear the inside conversations for how Duke, Zac, and others within the organization are handling such a conversation.

I'll offer my cursory take from a fantasy-GM lens for the current offseason:

1) Give Burrow his long-term contract.
2) Hold the line regarding Tee and a contract; don't pay him and proceed with him as WR2 under the current rookie deal.
3) Invest a high draft pick in a RB.
4) Continue to find ways to improve the starting OL and the OL depth.

Long-run plans:
1) Tee eventually leaves or is traded.
2) Sign Chase.
3) Balance the offense with the hopefully-emerging RB talent just drafted. I'm envisioning a RB who can make big-play runs that facilitate Burrow to Chase & company wide-open passes.
4) Always focus on building-up the OL.

So you are willing to let Tee go after 2024 for a 3rd round comp. pick versus trading him for probably a 1st, and 3rd round minimum prior to the 2023 draft?

I am sure the Chiefs wanted to keep Hill, but looking at it now, they are a better team without him not only now, but the future due to that great draft.

The one thing KC has we don't is the best TE maybe to ever play the game who does not make WR money.

BTW..the 2023 franchise tag is 19.3 million so likely to be over 20 million in 2024 for anyone wanting to tag Tee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we continue to build on our recent success? - Luvnit2 - 02-07-2023, 12:52 PM