Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we continue to build on our recent success?
For the Bengals, I don't see following the model established by any other team as being "the way to do it", as for the past 3 years the Bengals have been evolving into a modern NFL franchise. The foundation of that model seems to be "modern minds for modern times" as far as coaching, talent evaluation and free agent negotiating goes. The coaching shows up in the team being in the Super Bowl and AFCCG on consecutive years by being creative enough on offense to overcome talent deficiencies on the OL, and by being prepared and readily adjusting to what opposing offenses are throwing at them on defense.

Thus far the talent evaluation process seems to be working, as the quality of players drafted over the past 3 years seems to be markedly better than in the previous handful of years before. Further on talent evaluation, the team has been able to identify players with specific skill sets to fill specific roles in what they are looking to achieve in free agency. These players aren't the blockbuster, mega-deal type of players, just solid players with the specific skills they are looking for, and not putting the team into cap compromising positions with their addition.

I say keep doing what they have been doing lately, and continue to evolve as situations are always fluidly changing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we continue to build on our recent success? - SunsetBengal - 02-07-2023, 12:57 PM