Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we continue to build on our recent success?
(02-07-2023, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree 100%, but a part of drafting well is then being able to draft players in the second round, then get great production from them on rookie deals and at times trade them for better draft picks than you got them for in my humble opinion.

Texas has pick #12 and will likely get their great franchise QB. They could take a receiver in the draft (unproven) or trade for Tee. Then, they would still have to give us other pick(s).

I am sure there are other teams that would also trade for Tee.

You have to be able to build your team also in rounds 3-5 which is vital.Those are damn good FB players that simply didn't run quite as well as they needed to, didn't have the vertical, the reach, hand size, etc. as others that went 1-2 rounds higher. It's the middle rounds that are huge.

I'll also add that when teams trade a good player or even trade up/down at the draft that there are usually many of these middle round picks (and FA's) that are involved so there are far more of those that constitute a team than 2nd rounders.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we continue to build on our recent success? - higgy100 - 02-07-2023, 01:11 PM