Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we continue to build on our recent success?
(02-07-2023, 12:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you are willing to let Tee go after 2024 for a 3rd round comp. pick versus trading him for probably a 1st, and 3rd round minimum prior to the 2023 draft?

I am sure the Chiefs wanted to keep Hill, but looking at it now, they are a better team without him not only now, but the future due to that great draft.

The one thing KC has we don't is the best TE maybe to ever play the game who does not make WR money.

BTW..the 2023 franchise tag is 19.3 million so likely to be over 20 million in 2024 for anyone wanting to tag Tee.

The Chiefs operated from the position of being a team that already won the Super Bowl. I think that makes it easier to make the hard decision about trading a talented player for draft picks. The Bengals haven't yet achieved that success. To trade Tee is to risk giving away a known talent for a hopeful talent. I think having Tee this upcoming season gives the team the best opportunity to win it all.

I'm not opposed to the Bengals trading him prior to the upcoming draft though, but mostly was spit-balling my quick take on how I would proceed. You're info about the salary implications is important and definitely not something I thought about at all with my quick, fantasy-Gm take. Keeping Tee or trading Tee must account for the current and future budget.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we continue to build on our recent success? - TecmoBengals - 02-07-2023, 01:11 PM