Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we continue to build on our recent success?
(02-07-2023, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Be smart and follow the blue print of the Chiefs. Realize what position groups are important and which ones/players are luxuries.

The Bengals need to focus on continuing to build their offensive and defensive lines. That (along with QB) is where they should be investing a lot of their equity. That's where championships are won.

Some of the first steps the Bengals can take is getting out from dumb contracts. Mixon, Boyd, and not extending Higgins long term.

Use the money there and invest it into higher impact groups like those mentioned above (OL and DL). If they do that and continue to hit on a few draft picks each year they will be fine.

I do believe it is time to move on from Boyd, his 8.9 million of cap could be used to bolster the OL or help pay Tee or Joe B. more money with extensions.

I think Mixon's days are numbered also, if not in 2023, then in 2024. I am not sure Bengals could trade Mixon, but I do think they could get at least a 3rd round pic for Boyd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we continue to build on our recent success? - Luvnit2 - 02-07-2023, 01:14 PM