Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-07-2023, 11:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No one on this earth is trading a top 5 pick for a 1,000 yard reciever. Aint gonna happen. 

And would I rather have TJ Watt or Tee? 100000% Watt. Elite player at a premium position. 

To defend Tee some, I think he'd be more in the 1200-1400 range if he got as many opportunities as the guys ahead of him.

The numbers tend to reflect that actually.
Higgins averaged 9.44 yards per target this year (total yards divided by number of targets).
If you multiply that by 130 targets (same range as Chase, Cooper, and DeVonta Smith), it'd be just over 1200 yards.
If you jump that up to 150 targets (same range as Diggs, Lamb, Kelce, St. Brown), it'd be over 1400 yards.

So I do think he would look better as a true WR1 on another team.
So a team interested in him would (should) plan to use him like a true WR1 if they're going to give up a 1st rounder (especially early one) for him, as they should expect Top 10 WR capability.
He just is going to be more limited in an offense with Ja'Marr Chase.

Personally, I think NE could be a good landing spot for Higgins.
They have a very good team every year, but they have no real receiving threats.
Their best WR is Jacobi Meyers, who put up only 804 yards. And Meyers is an impending FA.
If they can get more of a passing threat at QB too, that would help that offense too.
NE has the 14th pick.

HOU could be a good spot too. They have the 2nd pick and the 12th pick.
Get a QB at 2 and trade the 12th pick for Higgins.
You now have a WR to go with the new franchise QB.
They have Cooks too, but they'll only keep him likely this year and cut him in 2024 when he can free up ~$16 mill in cap.
Higgins would be on rookie deal for this year and his big money extension not taking effect until 2024 when Cooks' contract is off the books.
A rookie QB with Higgins and Cooks and then Higgins more longer-term could work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - ochocincos - 02-07-2023, 02:03 PM