Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-07-2023, 02:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This was actually my idea prior to this past season.  However, right tackle is such a hole I fear it must be addressed as I dont see LC being ready or have any idea if he comes back improved....  if I knew we could get Bijon in the 1st and Wright, Duncan, or Johnson in the 2nd, I'd be all for it, especially if we are letting Mixon go.

Robinson is about the only guy I'd want to give up a 1st rounder for at RB. Dude is a stud.
With that said, we're seeing guys come into the league and contribute well as rookies and they're being taken later than Rd 1 or Rd 2 even.
Look at Dameon Pierce, who was a 4th rounder last year. Dude put up nearly 1000 yards at 4.3 YPC in just 13 games.

I'm with you on looking at the trenches for the 1st round this year, but I do see the appeal to have that 5th year option so you're having one more year on the rookie contract. It's a substantial increase in that 5th year, but it's not as big of a hit as signing an expensive veteran.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - ochocincos - 02-07-2023, 02:18 PM