Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Giardi Twitter thread on Bengals
(02-07-2023, 06:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I was much more aggravated at Pratt’s sorry attempt at Pacheco than Ossai’s mistake. But you’re right, most fans were all over Ossai. I did say to my dad who I watched it with, “well I’ve seen worse not called, but that’ll likely do it.”

Yeah, I think fans were just so crushed that they needed a scapegoat. I get it. I think players do too. But it's another reason why I don't blame players for keeping fans at arm's length. We're not really on the team and they're right not to take us seriously. But at the same time they do need us, and at times we might even sway outcomes from winning to losing (and vice versa). Such a bizarre relationship. 

I do want to point out that the media was as guilty as the fans here. In some cases worse. They fully jumped aboard the Hate Train. You could count on one hand the # of scribes who mentioned that Ossai- after being double teamed- had to run 40 yards to catch Mahomes. To say nothing of how Mahomes played the snap to perfection and how Burrow might have done the same to get the flag. Short of looking down at his feet while running full speed and making a split-second judgment "not to touch the quarterback!" it was a classic damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation for Ossai. But there was no one there in the moment to contextualize things on his behalf- not the team, not the fans and certainly not the media. I guess that's life for these guys. 

Edit: I also wanna say that the journalist who posted the Pratt vid is a coward. He/she/they should apologize too. They knew what they were doing: just fueling the fire. Totally juvenile and irresponsible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Giardi Twitter thread on Bengals - tms - 02-07-2023, 07:13 PM