Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-07-2023, 11:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So you truly do not understand draft value?   Tee is not remotely close to a Top 5 pick, that is beyond nonsensical.  There are 15 teams that Tee might not even be the #1 WR today.

Top 5 batting average of DE's?
Last year's draft had 3 DE's, only one had more than 4 sacks.
None were taken in the Top 5 in 2021
2020 had one player and he has 9 sacks in 3 years.
2019 had 2, one was Nick Bosa - home run, the other? Clelin Ferrill, averaged 2 sacks the last 4 years...
2018 had one edge guy, 4 sack average over the last 4 years...
2017 had one guy, averaged less than 2 sacks a year the last 6 years.

There is a reason TJ Watt is a future HOFer, those guys dont just happen every year.  And whatever guy you would get this spring and play over Sam you are sitting $10M on the bench ($30M over the next 3 years).

I just don't see it?

What are you arguing exactly? Mind you I'm not trying to argue. 
I keep saying the same thing (and it seems simple to understand), but I'm not sure if you do.
I wouldn't trade Tee for anything less than a top 5 pick.
I like the potential to get a top pass rusher, olineman, corner, or other playmaker.
Tee's potential is an elite WR--and he's not far off. I'm not willing to trade that away and get fleeced.

What would you accept for Tee?

I understand what you are saying in terms of ranking Tee's draft value. 

Let me ask you this:
Do managers not make decisions based on how they internally value players compared to what the market says?
I remember a pretty nice trade involving a former QB where Mike Brown held out for an amazing deal.
Why?
Because he valued his QB that high.

Is it so far out of comprehension that Tee's value internally could be higher than you guys are suggesting?
Granted I'm not even saying that it is.

All I'm saying is I value him higher than what you say the market values him as.

As far as DE track record in the top 5. Good point. Nothing is for sure in the draft. 
That said, of the elite pass rushers in the league, there are quite a few top 5 picks on that list. 
It's a good spot to draft a top DE or OT or DT.

So you are saying you would not trade Tee for a top 5 pick? 

What kind of offer would you accept for Tee?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Bengalstripes9 - 02-08-2023, 12:29 AM