Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-08-2023, 12:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think Burrow is a good comparison for a number of reasons:
1.  Without a great QB it doesnt matter how many other great players you have.
2.  Burrow was the Heisman winner, QB1, coming off the best collegiate season a QB ever had...

Tee is not the best WR on his team and most likely wouldnt be WR1 on 10- 15 teams...

I dont think any team would ever trade a Top 5 pick for Tee.

I would trade Tee if he wanted a ridiculous amount of money that would truly hinder us in the future.
Top 5 pick, yes.
#1 and #2 yes.
#1 and #3 or #4 yes.

I would much rather tag and trade Tee next year than do it this season though.

I agree. I don't think a team will trade a top 5 pick for Tee. 

I think Tee's value will be higher next year. 

I agree that we should wait until his value is higher if we are going to trade him. We get the added benefit of getting his services at a discount for an additional year.

I'm not so sure we can't work out a way to sign him, though. Will it hamper our ability to put a good offensive line out there? Probably and we'll see what the results will be if they do indeed sign him. 

I don't like seeing the team give up on players that have been amazing picks for us. It's ideal to have our top players stick around for a second contract unless they are a running back (or this case backup receiver).

The issue is that Tee could be a great number one receiver for a lot of teams that don't have an elite WR already. Having two legit number 1s on your team does present matchup problems and has value. It puts the team in a tough spot because you don't want to let that talent go, but its going to cost a lot to keep him.

It's possible that they can get him locked up for 4 years and then trade him.

I don't want to give him up for a mid round pick because those are dart throws if you look at our history. Top 5 picks are closer to sure things. 
Tee is worth more than a dart throw in my mind.

I wasn't referring to Burrow in my previous post. I was referring to when we traded Carson for multiple picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Bengalstripes9 - 02-08-2023, 02:00 AM