Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeMaurice Smith wants to do away with NFL Combine
(02-10-2023, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Agreed that Pro Days aren't anywhere near as useful as the Combine. The only problem with calling Pro Days a waste is that the Combine is invite-only, and not everyone gets invited. Tyreek Hill and Adam Thielen for example didn't get invited to the Combine. In 2020, there were 23 guys drafted that weren't invited to the Combine (and 105 players who WERE invited to the Combine and didn't get drafted).

So perhaps they need to even add an extra day or two, split it up by position even further, and invite more people to actually expand the Combine? Then we could potentially get rid of Pro Days.

Also saw where he complains about the medical part, which I think is THE most important part of it all.

There was around $350m given out in signing bonuses alone in just the 1st round of the 2022 draft. Nobody is getting that if you can't even make sure the guy has functioning knees, back, eyes, shoulders, etc. No Combine would absolutely crush the value of anyone who has ANY college injuries, because that's way too large of a gamble if you just don't know.

Good point in that some players don't get a chance to attend the Combine.
I should have specified that I felt it was a waste if the player also was invited to the Combine.
For players that didn't, I can understand having the Pro Day.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DeMaurice Smith wants to do away with NFL Combine - ochocincos - 02-10-2023, 10:57 AM