Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac has to give up playcalling
(02-10-2023, 10:56 AM)SladeX Wrote: You can add me to the list of people you don’t understand, then. I’m not calling for his head, or for a change at OC necessarily, or even having Joe give up his autonomy, except, except in THIS situation, 3rd and 3, 4th QTR, Zac has to run a running play or high percentage pass that eats clock AND nets a 1st down, and furthermore as the HC he has to assert himself and say “You WILL run this play”. Take a shot on 2nd and short, sure. 2x in a row was a BIG mistake.

GEEZ some of you get sooo defensive. Even great coaches make mistakes. I hope he learns from it. I was upset with him during the game so this isn’t 20 20 hindsight. Hopefully, in this case, the team’s hindsight is 20 20.

The issue is that it is beyond odd with all we know to think Zac determines which receiver to which Joe will throw.  Not to mention we all know the freedom Joe has to change the play from run to pass to something totally different.  

I'm not a massive Zac protector but there are only so many plays that Joe wouldn't/couldn't change, such as a screen pass (of which we ran zero in the SB vs the worst team in defending the screen). Complain about Zac all you want but with the plays of which you are referring, you should include Burrow in that discussion. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac has to give up playcalling - NUGDUKWE - 01-30-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - jason - 01-30-2023, 02:27 PM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - jason - 01-30-2023, 02:28 PM
RE: Zac has to give up playcalling - casear2727 - 02-10-2023, 12:16 PM