Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-10-2023, 12:14 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: FWIW, I was hoping to come off sounding sarcastic. If it was taken as a Richard, I apologize. I jest with you since your stance seems Mayer or bust. 

You've always seemed reasonable from other posts. 
My apologies!

There's a bunch of Richards on here that routinely just take empty shots at me like I ignore reason.

It's not Mayer or bust but we could have a dominant tight end and a dominant receiver like Chase and it just seems like we'd be very tough to stop.
(02-10-2023, 03:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Brad, if you are going to keep on with the Gronk stuff and use Draftbuzz as your source you shouldn't ignore exactly what they said:

"He's been Nicknamed "Baby Gronk" since his freshman year, and while teams NFL may hope he's Gronk 2.0 we think he's probably closer to Baltimore's Mark Andrews."

They also said: Athletic profile limiting factor, Functional strength is good but not dominant, Not likely to win foot races with defensive backs, Does not have an expansive route tree. 

He is no doubt a very good player.
Like I keep saying, I'm not expecting him to win any foot races with DBs but he's definitely quick enough to make moves to get open in the middle of the field or up the seams.
(02-10-2023, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed that Mayer isn't overly fast for a TE. He might do well in the agility drills though, from what some speculate.

Per this source, the average speed and agility times for a TE:
40 - 4.73
shuttle - 4.41
3-cone - 7.1

https://hortonbarbell.com/2022-nfl-combine-result-averages-by-position/

From PFT's scouting report - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/michael-mayer-te-notre-dame-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Ultimately, I really want to see how Mayer runs at the Combine/Pro Day.
The above metrics are good baselines for him.

Here are Kyle Pitts' metrics for comparison:
40 - 4.44
shuttle - 4.35
3-cone - 7.12

Exactly. I'm not expecting him to win any 40 yard dash matchups but he's quick and agile enough to get open and make moves.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - BFritz21 - 02-10-2023, 04:41 PM