Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-10-2023, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My apologies!

There's a bunch of Richards on here that routinely just take empty shots at me like I ignore reason.

It's not Mayer or bust but we could have a dominant tight end and a dominant receiver like Chase and it just seems like we'd be very tough to stop.
Like I keep saying, I'm not expecting him to win any foot races with DBs but he's definitely quick enough to make moves to get open in the middle of the field or up the seams.

Exactly. I'm not expecting him to win any 40 yard dash matchups but he's quick and agile enough to get open and make moves.

There needs to be an asterisk with the bolded.

We don't quite know how quick or agile he is yet.
No Combine or Pro Day drills have happened yet.

He may look good on game tape, but often times that can come down to coverage breakdowns or going against (far) less twitchy players, thus allowing more separation than what that player will create in the NFL.

I'm optimistic Mayer will have good enough agility and decent enough speed to create separation, but I want to wait until we see him do drills before I solidify that opinion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - ochocincos - 02-10-2023, 05:07 PM