Poll: Do you want more posts like this?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodine: Where he needs to improve in year 2
Playing Center in the NFL is not easy. There is a lot to learn for a rookie who is asked to start. In fact there is a lot more than can be learned in just one year. That is why most NFL players improve from their rookie seasons. Especially O-linemen.

If Bodine struggled to learn how to read and adjust to NFL defenses, then his lack of confidence could have been why he was slower to get to his spot. If he had to spend all of his time learning the playbook then he may not have had time for subtle things like precise footwork, hand placement, and optimum leverage. As I said before he even struggled with making clean snaps early in training camp last year. When a guy is having problems making clean snaps footwork drills are way down on the priority list.

Bodine needs to improve a lot. I think we all agree on that. I just don't know why some people have it out for the guy so bad. Some people have just not liked him since we drafted him. I'm sure if I had the time to watch all the film I could find plenty of examples of Bodine making good blocks. I appreciate all the work that went into creating this thread, but I disagree that a player can not improve even minor things like explosiveness after their rookie seasons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bodine: Where he needs to improve in year 2 - fredtoast - 06-08-2015, 03:59 PM