Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-11-2023, 03:48 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: This isn't targeted towards you OC but using your list to make a point.

I started thinking of this post again today. Of your top 10 list, only 2 were 1st rounders. And of those, only Pitts showed anything as a rookie (if I remember correctly) and he was a freak athlete. 

Remaining on that list, 2 3rds, 1 5th and 1 6th. If anything, this shows that you shouldn't be spending a premium pick on the position. Hell, Hockenson was traded IN the same division for a 2nd. TEs have to just be superstars to be worth what it would take to get Mayer.

Once my son goes down for his nap, I may map how many starters and back ups are in the NFL and what round they were drafted as better empirical data.

Following up, of the top 14 (per PFF to make my life easy to figure out who starters were on teams and them having Gronk in top 15 still).

2 in 1st round, 5 in 2nd round, 3 in 3rd round, 2 in fourth, 1 in 5th and 1 in 6th.

So, 2/3 seems like the sweet spot to look.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk on this matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - WVUHomer - 02-11-2023, 04:32 PM