Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Baby's "Three things to watch for the Bengals this offseason"
(02-11-2023, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, at what point will the Bengals suddenly change their offensive philosophy to include the TE as an integral part of their offense?

I'm not against having a great TE on the team, I'm just saying find that gem in the middle of the draft and beef up the trenches with the high picks.

At the point where they get a good one rather than a mediocre one (Uzomah/Hurst).

If your best TE is your 5th best receiving option, your TE isn't going to put up huge passing numbers. If they're your 3rd best, they're going to put up some good numbers. Are we honestly expecting the Bengals offense to operate as if Wilcox and Asiasi are good? Do we WANT them to get 40 targets each?

I think this whole "TE offensive philosophy" thing is VASTLY overblown. I will point out that before Sample got hurt, the Bengals started 2 TEs in both of their first 2 games in 2022. In 2021, the Bengals started 2 TEs in 7 of the 16 games they played their starters in. 

Heck, Uzomah and Sample combined for 1,261 offensive snaps in 2021. Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd combined for 1,564. It's less, but it's probably not nearly as much less as many people would assume. In 2019, Eifert was snap limited by them trying to make sure he didn't fall back apart, but they used him and Uzomah both. The Bengals will use TEs. They just haven't had any good ones since Gresham and (when rarely healthy) Eifert.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Baby's "Three things to watch for the Bengals this offseason" - TheLeonardLeap - 02-11-2023, 06:59 PM