Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-13-2023, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hurst was a 1st rounder, had solid production in college, and ran just above average on the 40 and shuttle. His 3-cone was just slightly below average.
Mayer is about the same size but has had better production in college.
We'll see how he does in the Combine drills to better determine his athleticism in comparison to Hurst.

When it comes to cost, I would 100% jump for Hurst if he signed for $5 mill or less. I think $6-7 mill APY is fair for him. We did see Uzomah get $8 mill APY last year, after all.
When looking at the 28th pick from last year (Devonte Wyatt), his contract was 4 years, $12.86 mill.
So the 28th pick will still likely end up cheaper than re-signing Hurst.

With that said, I'm completely fine re-signing Hurst and drafting a TE later to be a backup.

I still don't see the need/value of drafting a TE unless we have the RT spot shored up and depth of the defense as well (CB with Chido recovering).

I know we despise their huts but why not take a page out of the Ravens playback and get TEs repetitively in the lower rounds and develop (Andrews and Likely). Yes, i know Hurst was a 1st for them but he didn't even make it through his first contract for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - WVUHomer - 02-13-2023, 12:07 PM