Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(01-31-2023, 12:44 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes I do but based on how well they played for a dozen games after the initial start but ,more importantly, where are you finding the $$$ to go get these top guys with everybody else they need to pay? Very funny how fans like to play with monopoly money.

More than just going on a shopping spree, as they absolutely did last year, it's about development. KC has a couple drafted guys in the 2nd/6th round that have turned into all pro OL, phily has a 7th rounder they took a chance on who is a stud.You keep developing guys just as they're doing with Carman and you keep drafting.The RT on Cinci. had a bad game but lots of OL have bad games with Jones over them. He had a tremendous game against Buffalo and nobody wanted him cut after that game. You keep developing developing and developing.

Adeniji gets a bit of a pass against Jones as he is the best in the game, and him lining over RT was something that it didn't look like the Bengals were prepared for.  Joe should have audibled a TE to help or have more Perine set on following him wherever he goes.

This is one of my biggest concerns is they seem to do very little to help tilt the matchups in their favor.  KC does an AMAZING job of having a back chip, hesitate and then sprint to the boundary for a check down that turns in to 10 yards and doesn't even take a hit....he runs out of bounds.  COPY THAT SHIT!  The current "trust" in leaving a guy like Adeniji who has had to bounce all over the line due to injuries against a guy like Jones (or Garrett, or Watt, or any of the beasts they face in the AFC North and so on) is stupid.  

I see almost no way they don't draft an OT in round 1, even if at #28 it is someone that is projected as a RT.  That way you would have that pick and Adeniji competing to start at RT and Williams and Carman competing to start at LT.  Perhaps even a veteran in the mold of Cappa and Karras that could come in and  start at RT.  I was VERY impressed at how Carman held up at LT in his only two starts.  Dude deserves a fair shot at winning it next year.  I think Jonah's poor attempt at adding weight (fat) to improve his anchor just killed his knees and subsequently took away some of his agility.  Never saw him get beat as badly as he did inside this past year.  

I might even double dip OT and go for one in the 3rd if there is a raw talent there will some upside.  D'Ante Smith just has run out of excuses at this point.  If you can't contribute, they need to find someone that can.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - SHRacerX - 02-15-2023, 08:53 AM