Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(02-16-2023, 07:48 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Do you think Spears will be there when we pick in the 6th ?

Wouldn't a smaller target be harder to set your sights on and need a smaller hole to get up field ? He is amazing at catching the ball, too. I wouldn't have considered him either, until I watched his highlights.

I'd be willing to take a shot on Spears though, as well.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

As you know, every player in the draft is going to have some great highlights.  Dante Hall, one of the greatest small guys ever was 5'8 but pushing 190.  he was only effective for 5 years.  I think the speed disparity from college to pro is just too much and at 5'6 and slight, it wouldn't be sustainable.

I do not see any way Spears is available at the end of the 6th round.  He can be electrifying in the open field and has 10 inch hands.  Senior week helped him tremendously and if he runs that 4.4 at the combine he will move up the boards pretty quick.

The combine will dictate draft placement for so many players.

If Tucker and McIntosh dont improve on those over 4.5 times will it impact them?

One of my favorite guys is Achane, he is Spears on steroids, will he run another 4.2?  Watch his highlights and imagine Joe throwing him the ball in space.  He is only 5-9 (185) but I doubt he drops very far.

If Roschon Johnson really runs a 4.3 at 6-2, 225 does he go from 6th to 3rd round?

Some other guys that we could use to increase the electricity on offense are WR's Mims, Parker Washington and UC's Tyler Scott (4.2) these are all potential Boyd replacements in 2024 but can provide speed and all can be returners.

I know you didnt ask about WRs but if we do not take a slot guy this draft, I have a theory that the plan could be to move Chase to the slot permanently next season and us picking up another tall speedster; X Hutchinson, AT Perry, Mingo, etc.

One big WR we can get late is Jadon Haselwood, 6-3, 4.4, guy is a total bully on DBs going for the ball but he also is the best blocking WR in the draft.  Dude registers pancakes weekly in both run and pass plays. 2 other late tall/fast guys are WRs from Princeton and BYU.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment - casear2727 - 02-16-2023, 10:16 AM