Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Force Awakens spoiler thread
I just saw it. Here are some of my thoughts:

Kylo Ren: I also thought about the fact that a trained force-user would have that kind of difficulty dispatching two untrained force users. Then again, they made a point that his training is not complete, and he has that inner struggle, and was injured. I hope that in Episode VIII they have the parallels between Rey and Ren's trainings.

Luke: I guess we know why he wasn't in any of the trailers now LOL I actually liked it, movies nowadays can get spoiled before coming out, and the absence of Luke in the trailers generated a good amount of buzz and misdirection. Do hope he plays more of a role in future installments.

Han: I had a good feeling going in he was toast, as Ford made his feelings clear about wanting Han to be offed. But when Chewy picked up Han's coat/robe/whatever off the ground I was 100%. Obi-Wan came immediately to mind.

Finn+Rey: What great characters. I think they'll be great characters for this trilogy.

Star Wars in general: This film makes me wish we could go back in time and give the prequels to Abrams. The actors portraying Finn and Rey are not A-list actors, but they were put in a good script and a good position to make a good flick. Episode VII just highlights how poorly written the prequels were.

All in all, it is nearly impossible to live up to all the expectations for a film like this. At times I thought it ventured too close to more of a reimagining of A New Hope than a continuation of the series, but it was very enjoyable. But overall a great movie, and very encouraging for the future of the series.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - J24 - 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: The Force Awakens spoiler thread - CKwi88 - 12-20-2015, 05:59 PM