Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-16-2023, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Higgins' agent really doesn't have a say, he will do what Higgins tells him to do, or Higgins will get a new agent. If Tee says "I'm staying in Cincinnati, so work out the best deal you can that keeps me here" that's what he has to do.

You don't hire an agent just to not listen to them. Players wanting to stay with a team, only to leave happens all the time. They pay agents for a reason. If Tee's agent get's him a 100+ million contract elsewhere then you refuse, what exactly are you paying an agent for? You don't need an agent. Negotiate your own contract with your hometown team. You think Boyd who isn't even in this conversation will tell his agent he will take vet minimum to stay just to be with Burrow, Tee, and Chase? We shouldn't even expect him to.

I think fans aren't being genuine when they think someone will turn down a significant contract or take less just because they "like" the city. Money talks and some fans around here are thinking with their heart and not their heads. 

Tee's going to play the game he loves regardless. I think it's unrealistic to think these athletes will turn down big contracts because they grew up "fans" of a team they are playing on. Even if we as fans hope they do to stick around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - jj22 - 02-16-2023, 12:20 PM