Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-16-2023, 05:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "How could it be at least 4". 

This is easy, I said all 3 will not hit their max at the same time for at least 4 years, maybe longer, most likely never.

Seems to me that you are not taking into account specific bonuses and proration...?

Consider this:

Tee's big cap hit will come 1st.
YR1, 2025 - his 1st year base will be the lowest as is standard along with the prorated signing bonus.  Tee most likely wont hit his highest cap number until the last year of his contract, 2028 (assuming 4 years).

Joe's will come 2nd and hopefully take the longest time to hit the 50M mark.
Y1, 2026.  Joe's 50M cap hit is likely to come in 2029 at the soonest and 2032 at the latest.
Josh Allen didnt hit his 50M cap hit until YR3-2023 of the extension, Mahomes wont hit it until YR6-2027.

I can stop right here as Tee's last year would be before Joe's max cap hit of 50M or whatever.

Chase
Y1-2027,  he likely signs a 5 year deal with the max salary and prorated amount in YR5, so 2032.

(02-16-2023, 05:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Diggs and Hill's contracts are exactly like I suggested Tee and Chase's would be...they both hit the max in YR5 of the extension/contract.

As to Hill, you didnt mention that the 31M in Y2 drops down to 24M in Y3

The fact remains, people should not use the AAV of these players so soon, it will take years.

Um, what? Higgins has 1 year left on his deal, 2023. The first year of his extension would be 2024. You've already started all your no-basis theoreticals on the wrong year.

Who cares about their max? Nobody. It only matters if it's a lot. You just suddenly slipped in max in your reply, but I care about numbers that will force decisions on roster construction for the rest of the team.

Mahomes' deal will be 3 years old when talking about Burrow's extension. Any numbers from a contract 3 years old is irrelevant to current discussions. Allen's 2 year deal is also not very helpful at 2 years old. Also, why the hell bring up $50m in contracts that averaged less than $50m? It doesn't make sense.

All of this is completely underlined by you apparently not getting the point at all bringing up Tyreek Hill's cap dropping to $24m in year 3. That's still $24m!!! Acting like that's not a ton of cap space because it isn't the "max" just makes your entire point extra useless. Big cap hits are big cap hits. 

But sure, it'll take 4 years or never for a 4 year extension to start impacting the team's cap space. Okay. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-16-2023, 06:13 PM