Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-16-2023, 06:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Um, what? Higgins has 1 year left on his deal, 2023. The first year of his extension would be 2024. You've already started all your no-basis theoreticals on the wrong year.

Who cares about their max? Nobody. It only matters if it's a lot. You just suddenly slipped in max in your reply, but I care about numbers that will force decisions on roster construction for the rest of the team.

Mahomes' deal will be 3 years old when talking about Burrow's extension. Any numbers from a contract 3 years old is irrelevant to current discussions. Allen's 2 year deal is also not very helpful at 2 years old. Also, why the hell bring up $50m in contracts that averaged less than $50m? It doesn't make sense.

All of this is completely underlined by you apparently not getting the point at all bringing up Tyreek Hill's cap dropping to $24m in year 3. That's still $24m!!! Acting like that's not a ton of cap space because it isn't the "max" just makes your entire point extra useless. Big cap hits are big cap hits. 

But sure, it'll take 4 years or never for a 4 year extension to start impacting the team's cap space. Okay. Lol

Actually you were the first to bring up the max with your 80M per rant.

I only mentioned 50M for Joe's contract, where did I do that for Tee or Chase?

You keep using AAV like some amateur, and yet you know better, as you prove in your last sentence.

24M is not a big number for Tyreke Hill, it is all relevant to the player as to what is "expensive".  The cap jumped 16M this year and will continue to rise.

Mahomes deal is absolutely relevant because that is the type of deal the Bengals are offering Joe, how can it be irrelevant?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - casear2727 - 02-16-2023, 06:22 PM