Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-16-2023, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Where did I say you did that for Tee or Chase? Neither Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes' deals average $50m. So why would the year they reach $50m matter at all?

You either don't even know what year it is or can't do simple math to add 1 to the year, yet you're throwing out the term amateur. Lol

$24m is a big cap hit for any non-QB.  It is a number that will dictate how you can build the rest of your team. The cap will continue to rise, and so will the contracts you have to give out. It isn't just free space added on. If it raises another $16m next year, $30m/yr will already be too low a number for Chase. Players see the cap rising and will make their price rise accordingly.

Mahomes deal is 3 years old, new trends have happened, new standards have been set, new ceilings constructed. The most recent deals are the only ones that matter for agents. We now live in a world where a non-top QB like Kyler Murray gets 44.8% of his deal guaranteed at signing (who, again, only gets 2 years of low cap when extended) and makes more on average than Mahomes, because the Browns gave Watson a fully guaranteed deal, so everyone else's numbers are going up. The same way you don't use a 3 year old comp for a house when trying to sell it, you don't use a 3 year old comp for a contract.

I'm going to try to not be as big of jerk as you are being.

As to Allen and Mahomes; you used the $50M deal for Burrow and since I was using Allen & Mahomes contracts as examples, their largest cap hit is in the 50M range so it just worked for the example.

I didn't use a 3 year price comp, I was discussing the longterm structure of Mahomes deal which Mike Brown said he hoped to do with Burrow.  You dont like it go see see Mike.

There is no doubt these deals will be expensive, but going by AAV doesn't tell the real story.  They could and would spread the costs out and have certain monies hit at certain times.

I know you want to trade Tee and you seem to think that everyone who doesn't is stupid.  As for me I could go either way, if we keep him ok, I can see how they make it work.  If they don't ok, we seem to be pretty tough negotiators when are the ones with the dealing a player.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - casear2727 - 02-16-2023, 07:34 PM