Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TE is a huge need heading into the offseason
(02-15-2023, 08:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would we want Jones over Wright?

Wright is the best RT in college, he is bigger and way more advanced than Jones.

(02-15-2023, 09:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is way early for mocks be 100% correct. Jones is a LT with limited starts. He still needs work but has a ton of ability.  I want a fantastic pass protector right now.

Wright is a big guy that started 4 years, over 2700 snaps allowed only 8 sacks.  He hasn't allowed a sack in his last 19 starts. This is against the best in the SEC.

He is an unanimous ALL-SEC and one of a handful to play over 850 snaps with zero sacks and and an efficiency rating above 99.0.

He is a plug-n-play RT for the next decade.

*We should all agree that protecting Burrow is the #1 goal.
*We should agree that RT is the shakiest spot on the line right now since we don't know if or when LC would return or how well he would perform.
*For those that claim LT is a bigger issue - Jonah is starting LT and Carmen is backing him up.
*We should all agree that tackle is a high priority/high value position that saves us money with the 5th year option.

*Those wanting a TE or RB... these re the absolute worst positions for 5th year value, along with LB that is not an edge.
*Those wanting a CB, it is a value position with high value, and we are not sure of Chido's health either.  That said, I trust Chido more than LC to rehab and heal up faster and protecting Burrow is more important, as the Chiefs showed.

I'll step down from my soap box.

Uh, yeah. Sign me up for Darnell Wright at 28 or even trading up a few spots for him if we have to. Looks like exactly what we 
need in front of Joe Burrow for the next decade or so. Great pass protecter and likes to maul as well with his size and physicality.

Quick feet for a big man and looks like he keeps his hands inside the pads in this vid.

Also, spot on with Chido, much smaller players should heal up way faster than a monster Tackle from an ACL tear...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TE is a huge need heading into the offseason - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-17-2023, 03:59 PM