Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-17-2023, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I want to see a couple veteran (at least depth) pieces added so the Bengals don't have to rely so much on the draft.

Bengals will potentially need:
1-2 safeties (Bates and/or Bell likely leaving)
2 TEs (remove one if Hurst re-signs)
1 LB (remove if Pratt re-signs)
1-2 CBs (remove 1 if Apple and/or Flowers re-signs)
2+ OL (gotta improve that depth, at minimum)
1 DL (someone who can rush the passer preferably)
1 RB (unless Bengals choose to re-sign Perine and Williams plus keep Mixon)
1 backup QB (remove if Allen re-signs)
1-2 WR? (planning ahead for a Boyd/Higgins departure)

Bengals only have 7 draft picks, so they can't fill everything with the draft.

I too would move on from Mixon, but the Bengals won't likely do that until they get their replacement(s) in the door first.

With draft pick OL struggling so much in the NFL, I would like for at least one veteran added for depth. Don't want to have to rely solely on draft picks to cover replacement responsibilities if an injury occurs.

Bringing back Bell, Hurst, Apple, Flowers should take some of those needs away. Have to expect growth from Dax Hill with Bates 
departure. Have to expect ADG/Bailey growth with Pratt's departure. Your last point is spot on Ocho, cannot rely on a rookie at RT
even if I really like Darnell Wright a ton. We cannot expect La'el to play early in the season or play any way like he is healthy.

Takes OL longer than about any other position to come back from an ACL tear. Expecting Awuzie to be back 100% like half a 
season ahead of La'el. Still want us to trade for Garrett Boles which shouldn't cost more than a 3rd rounder. This would be the 
best insurance for this team IMHO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-17-2023, 04:09 PM