Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-17-2023, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bringing back Bell, Hurst, Apple, Flowers should take some of those needs away. Have to expect growth from Dax Hill with Bates 
departure. Have to expect ADG/Bailey growth with Pratt's departure. Your last point is spot on Ocho, cannot rely on a rookie at RT
even if I really like Darnell Wright a ton. We cannot expect La'el to play early in the season or play any way like he is healthy.

Takes OL longer than about any other position to come back from an ACL tear. Expecting Awuzie to be back 100% like half a 
season ahead of La'el. Still want us to trade for Garrett Boles which shouldn't cost more than a 3rd rounder. This would be the 
best insurance for this team IMHO.

It's important to note that the Bengals have $44 mill in cap to work with.
Re-signing players will eat that up quickly, especially guys like Bell (or Bates), Hurst, and/or Pratt.
Apple, Flowers, Perine should be under $5 mill each.

I think we can safely guesstimate Bell+Hurst will cost $15-18 mill APY toward the cap.
Apple safely $4-5 mill (he counted $3.75 mill this past year).
Perine I think will get a boost in his cost, maybe $3-4 mill.
Flowers $2 mill (he signed for just under this this past season).
Adomitis $1 mill (Bengals need a LS)
-------------------
$25-30 mill

Draft picks are expected to be ~$6-7 mill, according to Spotrac.
I know there's replacement involved, but Bengals tend to block out the entire draft cost.
So you're looking at $32-37 mill already accounted for if you re-sign Bell, Hurst, Perine, Flowers, Apple, Adomitis.

Bengals also typically will leave at least a few mill for reserve/extensions.

So realistically, you're looking at the cap pretty much getting eaten up by these internal FAs+draft picks.
If we want the Bengals to add anyone else worth a damn, some cuts might have to come (like Mixon).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - ochocincos - 02-17-2023, 05:36 PM