Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-17-2023, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's important to note that the Bengals have $44 mill in cap to work with.
Re-signing players will eat that up quickly, especially guys like Bell (or Bates), Hurst, and/or Pratt.
Apple, Flowers, Perine should be under $5 mill each.

I think we can safely guesstimate Bell+Hurst will cost $15-18 mill APY toward the cap.
Apple safely $4-5 mill (he counted $3.75 mill this past year).
Perine I think will get a boost in his cost, maybe $3-4 mill.
Flowers $2 mill (he signed for just under this this past season).
Adomitis $1 mill (Bengals need a LS)
-------------------
$25-30 mill

Draft picks are expected to be ~$6-7 mill, according to Spotrac.
I know there's replacement involved, but Bengals tend to block out the entire draft cost.
So you're looking at $32-37 mill already accounted for if you re-sign Bell, Hurst, Perine, Flowers, Apple, Adomitis.

Bengals also typically will leave at least a few mill for reserve/extensions.

So realistically, you're looking at the cap pretty much getting eaten up by these internal FAs+draft picks.
If we want the Bengals to add anyone else worth a damn, some cuts might have to come (like Mixon).

Nice post Ocho, yeah, I think we might have to cut Mixon and maybe even somebody else to bring in that OT we need in FA.

I don't know what the cap hit is for cutting La'el Collins but that might be an option if his injury is going to take all year to heal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-17-2023, 06:15 PM