Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is the potential free agency list we should be using.
(02-16-2023, 03:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The issue I have with this suggestion is that we need more, not less picks in the future.  Eventually all of these big contracts will hit and we will need as many as possible that are productive and on rookie deals.

(02-17-2023, 07:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You absolutely cannot give up future draft picks to draft guys this year.  The most valuable commodities are cheap guys in the 2-3-4 rounds.  There's no guarantee that a draft pick is going to pan out.

If it's me, I'm trying to win it all while Hendrickson, Awuzie, Reader, etc. are still on the roster. I don't believe in going as crazy as the Rams or Bucs in recent history. I see more urgency to hit on draft picks in the next couple of years than I do down the road. Burrow getting older should be somewhat of a tailwind for the offense. There's no guarantee that you're going to find another Hendrickson or Reader anytime soon in the draft or be able to afford them in free agency. The iron is hot. Finding long term stability at positions like RT or finding high end competition/depth on the IOL could be worth trading away some picks in the future. And hey, you can't be on the hook for a first round cap hit if you don't have a first round draft pick  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here is the potential free agency list we should be using. - Bilbo Saggins - 02-17-2023, 09:15 PM