Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden On Michigan State Shooting
(02-18-2023, 03:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see. Gun laws will prevent people from shooting guns. Then why is South Chicago with the strictest gun laws still having all the illegal guns? People shoot people. I wish the government would recognize that.

Alright, so I am not in favor of these moves towards gun control but there is faulty logic in this statement. If you are in an area of strict rules surrounded by less restrictive zones and there is no monitored border then your rules will be pointless. Firearms recovered in Illinois that are used in crimes were purchased in places like Missouri, Iowa, Kentucky, etc. In fact, we know that when Missouri loosened their gun laws the rate of firearms recovered from crimes coming from Missouri increased in the succeeding years. We have seen this phenomenon in Virginia where our loose laws are used by people in DC, Maryland, and even New York to purchase firearms that are then used in crimes in those places.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden On Michigan State Shooting - Belsnickel - 02-18-2023, 07:44 AM