Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Up in Philosophy Mock
(02-17-2023, 06:35 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Plan for LT is competition for Jonah/Carman. If Jonah comes back and beats Carman, so be it. Drafting at 28 doesn't guarantee the player can beat out either, and it gets worst the further down the draft you go (not that you probably don't know). There's a few LT prospects I do like in this group but I don't think any of them that will be available would beat out Jonah.

And its unlikely they let Jonah sit for 13M unless he outright gets beaten. If Jonah fails again and Carman can't beat him out, this would have to be addressed next offseason. 

I would hope that they think more of Joe Burrow than to be influenced by 13 mil. Jonah was tied for the lead league in sacks allowed with 12 and that was while missing time with injuries. I would plug Anton Harrison in at LT in a heartbeat and be supremely confident that he does not surrender 12 sacks. This is the franchise we are talking about and the let's wait and see approach would not be very prudent. Personally, If it were I Jonah would have to beat Carman out for the job as what I saw from Carman gave him the edge for the starting job no matter the paycheck.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Change Up in Philosophy Mock - WVUHomer - 02-15-2023, 08:37 AM
RE: Change Up in Philosophy Mock - OSUfan - 02-17-2023, 05:59 PM
RE: Change Up in Philosophy Mock - OSUfan - 02-18-2023, 10:36 AM
RE: Change Up in Philosophy Mock - OSUfan - 02-18-2023, 12:22 PM