Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation
(02-18-2023, 11:54 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Just curious where you have "read" these things. Yeah he has things to continue to improve and technique to work on as does every single draft prospect. PFF has him graded as their #3 OT prospect and his pressures allowed rank right up there with Skoronski and Parris Johnson. Drafttek has him at #4, Draftbuzz has him at #4, CBS has him at #3, ESPN has him at #3...so consistently he is grading out inside the top 4 OT prospects in the draft.

When you read their assessments words like excellent are used when talking about his pass blocking skills. Here is a quote from one source...

To the issue stated of weak punches...this is from NFL.com:

I have also posted film above and would encourage you to check it out as well. The K State game was by far his worst of the film I have found.

I have watched it. You have to be able to pick out the different type's of pass sets vs the rush counters.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/anton-harrison-ed6ef40b-00ea-438c-a0be-66132b25037d/

Joe Marino probably has the best scouting report on Anton Harrison. I'm not saying the kid doesn't have talent he does alot high round value I just think it will be year 3 before he puts it all together if ever. I definitely wouldn't pencil him in as a starter over Jonah as a rookie.

Quote:A four-star recruit, Anton Harrison chose Oklahoma over the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. He earned playing time as a freshman in 2020 before settling in as the Sooners’ blindside protector in 2021 and 2022.

Harrison has the physical profile of an appealing NFL offensive tackle prospect. He features a long and athletic build with good arm length. Harrison is thick in his lower half and he’s far from maxed out. He has the athleticism needed to mirror rushers and handle speed off the edge while offering plenty of range as a run blocker. Harrison has quick and nimble feet with loose hips, which makes it natural for him to redirect, work laterally, and get into space. I like his overall balance and how he plays within himself, rarely getting overextended or top-heavy.

The key for Harrison moving forward is getting stronger and developing his footwork in pass protection to better take advantage of his length and movement skills. While Harrison isn’t overpowered at the point of attack, he is far from a people-mover that creates consistent displacement in drive-block situations. With more functional strength and by executing with better leverage, Harrison will become an even more effective blocker in the run and pass games. His pass sets are inconsistent in terms of getting the depth and width necessary to frame blocks. Too often Harrison will open his hips too soon and create soft angles for rushers to work through, which can be improved with more consistent footwork in his kickslide. Harrison has room to improve his hand technique where his timing and placement can be erratic and inconsistent.

With increased functional strength and technical growth, Harrison has the potential to be a starting left tackle in the NFL early in his career.

Top Reasons to Buy In:

Length and movement skills
Pass protection ability
Body type
Top Reasons For Concern:

Functional strength
Inconsistent pass sets
Hand placement and consistency with leverage
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation - Synric - 02-18-2023, 12:08 PM