Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac has no plans to leave Cincinnati
(02-18-2023, 11:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great ThumbsUp

I've done a complete 180 degrees on Zac, I hope he's here for quite some time.

I think it’s naive to think that Zac was prepared to be a head coach like a long time coordinator or someone like Frank Reich who had previous head coaching experience. He was going to be a work in progress. He got a late start on assistants and late starts on FA and the draft. He probably didn’t get a thorough evaluation of his roster. Then he ran into a culture that a young inexperienced coach replacing a popular experienced one. The staff had no continuity. Some around here were convinced the 2017 Bengals just needed a new coach. The roster was awful ( mostly because of aging stars disinterested & used to accepting losing).

The next year they showed life but brutalized with injuries. Injuries can effect teams. Baltimore in 2021. LA Rams this year. But he had a solid plan and vision. He’s excellent evaluating coaches ( minus Jim Turner his FIL’s relative). Things fell into place.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac has no plans to leave Cincinnati - Soonerpeace - 02-18-2023, 01:08 PM