Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Observation and how it pertains to the Bengals.
(02-18-2023, 11:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

IMHO we have to upgrade the Oline this off season, have to !! We're a better Oline away from the big trophy. And to be quite honest I believe we're better off without Mixon.

Exactly.  

No idea how they do it, but they must.  

At first glance it looks like the line is set if both Williams and Carman start at tackle, then Cappa, Karras, an Volson round out the interior.  I'm just not sure that's good enough for a team that's basically in it's final year of being able to load up for a title run with the impending cap changes in mind.  

I think it comes down to Carman and Volson, and how much they trust them.  I like Volson and feel like he could develop into an upper tier guard.  Carman played well when needed, but it's difficult to trust the guy.  The you have average Jonah eating up 12 mil in cap space.  

In any other year, I'd say you ride it out and let things develop, but this is different.  The Bengals are a top 3-5 team heading into the 2023 season.  I wouldn't blame them for being impatient and upgrading to ensure that the line gets shored up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl Observation and how it pertains to the Bengals. - samhain - 02-18-2023, 01:17 PM