Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-18-2023, 04:59 PM)ladeda Wrote:  There is something you aren't considering.   Tee Higgins contract.

If the Bengals draft a stud TE, then the Bengals have the option of rolling with Chase/TE in 2024 and they don't necessarily need to spend over $20mm a year resigning Tee.    The Bengals could still tag and trade Tee, getting a valuable pick--- and also using that $20mm plus allocated for Tee, to use elsewhere on the roster.   Imagine the TE they draft is solid-- then the Bengals can use $20mm they would have used on Tee and use it on the OL and I think they are in better shape.   I also for one don't feel it's smart for the Bengals to spend big on both Chase and Tee.  Just on 1 of them. 

Not to mention, don't underestimate the value of a good TE for a QB.   There is a reason the Chiefs traded Tyreke Hill-- they still had Kelce.  I'm sure it's a coincidence, but of the final 4 teams, Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles and Niners--- there was Kelce, Goedert and Kittles.  3 of the best 5 or 6 TE's out there. 

I still don't believe the Bengals need to draft a TE early, as they can a solid one in round 2,3 or even 4.  But it's not the worst thing in the world if they think they are able to get a future Pro-Bowl TE in the 1st round.   A Pro-Bowl level TE is very valuable. 

BEAUTIFULLY said!

I didn't even think of the Tee factor and having to pay him next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - BFritz21 - 02-18-2023, 05:07 PM