Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-18-2023, 05:37 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You may be right but none of the 3 were a first round. Actually 3, 2, and 5 respectfully. 

As you said, that would mean Mayer isn't a wise choice considering he would require a 1st round pick.

Again, I'd be happy to welcome the hometown kid back but I'm still not sure its the wisest choice to make.

Not only were none of those Tight Ends 1st round picks but all three of those other teams mentioned invested in quality players on the O-line either through free agency or hiring a scouting department capable of spotting the talent needed for Oline.  Its much easier for a QB to extend plays and get the ball to open TEs like Kelce when the QB has time to allow the TE to find an open space.  With so many other needs I would be disappointed if the Bengals used a 1st round draft pick on a TE when you can find some quality TE free agents pretty cheap compared to the cost of signing a quality OT, D-line, cornerbacks.   I just dont think the value is there to use a 1st round pick on a TE, RB, K, P
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - 007BengalsFan - 02-18-2023, 07:26 PM