Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-18-2023, 04:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I clearly stated twice that the title was click bait, but you be you.

The only TE on the roster is Asiasi and rookie TEs usually take a year or two to be ready.  Mayer is probably plug-n-play ready.

We have no WR3 to take Boyd's place, counting on us finding a rookie to be as productive is very risky.  See John Ross and several others in every draft.

TE would seem necessary, more speed in the backfield and in the receiving core would be helpful, CB depth could be addressed.

Oline may be the highest priority if LC isnt going to be ready.

We could also be looking ahead for Trey and DJ replacements.

This thread, that you started has the title “Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?” Then you went on and on dissecting everything the quotes might mean. Then, you say it’s click bait? Which is it…credible or click bait?

Drafting a TE that’s NFL ready is not hard in this draft as there are plenty of them. Plenty of slot relievers, too. LC’s time with the Bengals was brief and slightly disappointing, but he’s headed for a medical settlement. FA (which I haven’t looked at yet) should be a good resource for his replacement.

Bates ain’t coming back, either. But, I think Hill gets his coming out party next season. Taylor-Brit will slot into Eli Apple’s slot. The kid from KC isn’t going to get anywhere near this team with his recent incitement.

So, we now have plenty of cap space, even after signing the extensions, while getting younger, getting some players on rookie contracts and getting all of our important players under contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe? - Graphicguy - 02-19-2023, 12:19 PM