Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-15-2023, 12:31 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You dont take a TE with the first round draft pick.  Its too valuable.  The Bengals #29 pick will have a cap hit of about 2.4 milllion for 2023.  At 2.4 million you could sign a decent free agent TE that would fill the need and be cheap.  However, if you draft a good interior lineman or DE or CB you are getting a great deal because you cant find too many good ones for 2.4 million in free agency.  Its much better for the team to lock up a good pass rusher for 4 years at 2 - 3 million than getting a TE for that price.

Sorry it is hard to find good TE at 2.4 m..  need is the main indicator of drafting but right now i feel it is also who can come in and impact our team as a rookie.. I see Mayer as a player that can do that im not saying to draft a TE but the value of TEs continue to increase in the NFL with the passing game so their value has increased.  I would totally look at Mayer if he was there especially if their top Tackles are off the board...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - Essex Johnson - 02-19-2023, 01:02 PM