Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-19-2023, 07:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm checking out other mock drafts around the internet to see where they have Mayer going, and the Chiefs section of USA Today has them taking him at 31!

I'm fine not drafting up to get him, but if he falls to us, we pass on him, and then the Chiefs take him, I'll be PISSED!

They'll be dominant with him and Kelce!

Sports Illustrated's mock has the Packers taking him at 15.

Same with CBS to the Packers.

PFF's newest draft they posted yesterday has the Bills taking him one spot before us, which would be a buzz-kill.

Here's another CBS Sports mock with Buffalo taking him before us.

NFL.com has him going 18th to the Lions and so does Tankathon

WalterFootball has us taking him and notes that we were interested in McBride last year.

NFLSpinZone has us taking him!

BrownsWire has him going 12th to the Texans.

Real GM has him going to the Cowboys two picks before us and then we take Washington out of Georgia at tight end.

NBC Sports has him falling to us!

The Athletic has the Jags taking him at 24.

Fansided has the Pats taking him at 14, which, go-figure since they call him Baby Gronk (which he hates).

Touchdown wire has him fallling to the Chiefs.

All of these give me hope that there's about a 50% chance that he falls to us and we draft him, which would be huge, and then I just hope we find other ways to improve our offensive line.

You realize that the USA Today article mentions they had him at 31 to KC due to the same article from Touchdown Wire, yes?

A lot of mocks I think will have him going one of 4 places:

Jac - Engram replacement
GB - Tonyan improvement
LAC - Everett replacement
CIN - Hometown kid.

Considering these are all without foresight of FA, those teams do make sense. Considering GB may get another 1st to trade A A Rod, and need to confirm if Love IS the guy, he feels exactly like a GB pick.

Edit, also of note, the reason I suspect TDW allowing KC to take Mayer is because they projected us to fill our most pressing need of RT first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - WVUHomer - 02-19-2023, 08:01 PM