Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is the potential free agency list we should be using.
(02-19-2023, 07:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: What specific player are you moving up for that almost guarantees us the SB this season?

There is no guarantee that those picks will yield difference makers in this or any upcoming draft.  I'm talking about maximizing their odds while the iron is hot and their core is intact.  Looking at current big boards I draw some conclusions about the 23 class: I see around 7 TEs who show promise as impact players from day 1.  I see a handful of RT prospects who could reasonably work out as good starters within their first couple of seasons.  Now consider likely team needs.  I don't know if you want to trust an average 4th or 5th round pick or vet free agent to come in and try to fill those shoes.  So now we run the hypothetical situation of what the offseason may look like.  It wouldn't be too awfully shocking if this team were to be raided in free agency and the decision were to be made to stick to a comp pick strategy.  Now it's draft day and there are still some question marks on the roster.  Say a guy like Darnell Washington falls into the second round.  Or maybe they drafted a TE in the first and they see one of the top RTs fall into the second.  Maybe they opted to draft a top tier guard with their first pick.  Maybe Zach Charbonnet falls toward the end of round 2.  Maybe a WR or DE falls into the third round who they have a high grade on.  Wouldn't it be sensible to package some future picks to acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder this year if you could go and get them?  The comp picks would help to offset the cost so that you aren't mortgaging the future.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here is the potential free agency list we should be using. - Bilbo Saggins - 02-19-2023, 10:05 PM