Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Observation and how it pertains to the Bengals.
(02-17-2023, 11:06 PM)samhain Wrote: Bottom line:  A run game and a willingness to use it will fix just about every problem this offense has.  Recall the Buffalo playoff game.  The Bengals ran wild and the Bills never stood a chance.  

I touched on this in another thread, but I'll say it again, as the message is the same as the one that you delivered.  The ability to establish the run against an opponent, no matter how vaunted and deadly your passing game may be, forces the opposition to change their plan.  It gives your offensive line an opportunity to be aggressive and establish a little decorum on how the trenches are going to operate that day.  Making the defense work to stop the run gives the OL a big advantage in pass protection as well, as defenders must always beware of the run, and be forced to play "straight up" and forego using second or third pass rushing moves.

Establishing the run not only gives the OL an advantage for the day, it allows the offensive coordinator to call for surprise plays.  Plays that might have been less likely to be succeed when the defensive front feels like they are controlling the tempo by simply rushing hard every down with the OL on it's heels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bowl Observation and how it pertains to the Bengals. - SunsetBengal - 02-20-2023, 07:31 PM