Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense?
(02-21-2023, 09:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Saw a fun post on IG that listed a bunch of old QBs and it asked which old QB would win a ring with various current offenses.

They had our offense listed with Peyton and it got me thinking….

I’m not sure prime Manning would make this team any better. I’m 100% sure Manning wouldn’t take all the sacks Burrow takes but Manning’s lack of mobility i think would hurt him. Burrow is great for us because he has elite accuracy and he’s got elite escape ability. If he didn’t have both of those i think these bad i lines would’ve ended his career already.

Do y’all think you could plug prime Peyton Manning into this years  offense and we still make playoffs?

I personally think plugging prime Manning into this years offense has him as a favorite for the MVP and fighting for the first seed. We have to remember that Peyton played in a different era of the NFL. In 2004, he posted a 121 QB rating after throwing for 4,600 yards and 49 TDs. He did this on only 497 attempts in an offense that threw the ball 57% of the time. In 2022, the Bengals threw the ball 62.2% of the time. So, he would play in a more pass happy offense, in a pass happy league, with arguably the best receiving core in the entire league. He was also better pre-snap than Joe, so while he isn't the mobile QB that you see a lot of today, he would be able to avoid sacks by knowing what is coming and making the right play more often. 

Peyton Manning's average era adjusted rating during his prime (2002-2009) was right about where Joe's was last season (108.3). His ceiling was 2004, where his era adjusted passer rating would have been closer to 130 in today's game instead of the 121.1 that he posted back then. I think prime Peyton is putting up 5k+ and fighting for 40+ TDs every season he is here. This offense would be a nightmare. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peyton Manning his Championship Broncos year on our current offense? - KillerGoose - 02-21-2023, 11:27 PM